Sometimes, these injuries happen suddenly and entirely by accident. On other occasions, they may be the result of negligence, misdiagnosis, and errors by medical staff. When they happen, they can throw your normal routine, and your entire life into a tailspin. You shouldn’t have to face this alone. If you are the victim of a spinal cord injury, you may be permanently paralyzed or you may eventually able to regain limited function with medical intervention and extensive therapy. In any case, you may unfortunately be forced to go through life knowing that everything has changed due to someone else’s mistake. Having one of our Indianapolis Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys by your side will help. We have the knowledge, compassion, and experience necessary to help you begin to put the pieces back together by seeking the recovery you deserve.
Most spinal cord injuries fall into one of five categories:
- Flexion injuries – Sudden and severe movement of the head resulting in damage to the cervical region of the spine.
- Rotation injuries – Severe rotation of the spinal column resulting from a side impact or rolling of the body (as in the case of a motorcycle accident).
- Compression injuries – Trauma resulting from force to the head or lower body, often in the case of a fall or severe motor vehicle collision.
- Hyperextension injuries – Forcible extension and stretching of the spinal cord due to a fall, physical activity, or other traumatic accident.
- Penetrating injuries – Direct damage to the spinal cord due to a penetrating object, such as a knife or bullet.
At Caress Worland Law Group, our Indianapolis Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys represent individuals in personal injury claims involving all types of spinal cord injuries. The financial and non-financial costs of these injuries can be substantial. And if someone else is to blame for your injury, you deserve just compensation. With a team of highly experienced injury lawyers and dedicated legal professionals, we can act quickly to help you recover. If necessary, we will not hesitate to go to trial to win the compensation you deserve.
With more than 20 years of experience representing accident victims in the area, our Indianapolis Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers are intimately familiar with the types of trauma that can lead to spinal cord injuries. Our practice involves representing clients who have been injured in accidents including, but not limited to:
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck and auto accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls from height
- Recreational and sports accidents
- Construction and other work-related accidents
We also routinely handle cases involving misdiagnosis and improper treatment of spinal cord injuries due to medical malpractice. Unfortunately, even specialists make mistakes. Some examples of medical malpractice that may lead to spinal cord injury may include: failure to implement appropriate precautionary measures for a patient prone to falling, who then sustains a fall that causes injury; a medical error in administering a spinal block or anesthetic; failure to diagnose a tumor which ultimately injuries the spinal cord and results in paralysis; failure to diagnose and properly treat a stroke; a medical error during surgery resulting in a spinal injury; and more. If you received an improper diagnosis, if your diagnosis was delayed, or if you are suffering due to any other type of medical error like those mentioned above, we can help. Medical mistakes of this nature can often be overlooked and unreported, simply because the victim didn’t have the medical and legal knowledge necessary to realize that recovery was possible and deserved. Don’t let this situation be your situation. Call Caress Worland Law Group today. Our experienced, talented team of attorneys will seek to hold your doctor and treatment facility responsible for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses.